SERVPRO of North Kanawha Valley & Teays Valley's, Premier Fire Restoration Provider
There have been several recent fires locally in the Kanawha - Putnam areas. It is a very emotional time as a homeowner or a business owner after a fire has occurred. Fear, uncertainty, stress and doubt about the future of the property can be overwhelming for the property or business owner. Fortunately, your local SERVPRO® of North Kanawha Valley & Teays Valley has been the premier fire restoration professionals serving this area for over 28 years.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and belongings. SERVPRO® is available 24 hours/ 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly. Our 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. SERVPRO® professionals provide mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claim inventory and documentation restoration services.
What you can do until help arrives
· Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
· Place clean towels or old lines on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
· Coat chrome faucets, trim, and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
· Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
· Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
· Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
· Do not clean any electrical equipment.
· Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.