Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of North Kanawha and Teays Valley has been the trusted leader in water damage restoration for nearly 30 years in the Valley. Homeowners, as well as business owners throughout not only Kanawha, Putnam and surrounding counties, know they can count on when disaster strikes. SERVPRO not only specializes in water cleanup and restoration, but our highly trained technicians can also handle secondary cleanup damage that is cause from water such as mold remediation and even reconstruction services. SERVPRO of North Kanawha and Teays Valley's very qualified construction division can help when dealing with multiple vendors when putting your home or business back together.
If your home or business is in the Greater Kanawha or Putnam Valley suffers any sort of emergency caused by water or mold unplanned catastrophe, please call the most trusted restoration vendor in area. We have operators standing by 24 hours a day,7 days a week, 365 days a year to assist you and your needs.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (304) 343-6170
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.