When you look outside, you see orange, yellow and red leaves sprinkled over our beautiful mountains. Soon our mountains will replace the leaves for heaps of snow. This time of year is the most exquisite for West Virginia. However, this time of year has an icky drawback- the sniffles. Parents especially know how frustrating winter-time is when their kids are sick on and off throughout the season. Although we know sometimes illness is inevitable, we hope these tips will help you and your family stay healthy and safe from the sniffles.
- Up your vitamin C intake. Better yet, make sure you are taking a multivitamin on a daily basis.
- Stay active. It is easy to fall into a sedentary lifestyle during cold weather, but this will only do you a disservice.
- Keep a humidifier going in your bedroom. This may seem trivial, but making sure the air in your home isn’t too dry can actually keep you from getting ill during the winter.
- Keep your workspace clean. Sanitize your desk, phone and other surfaces you touch frequently throughout the day on a regular basis.
- Donate Lysol Wipes to your child’s classroom. Teachers do their best to keep the classroom clean, but it is always nice to make it easier on them with sanitizing wipes.
- Put a hand sanitizer clip on your child’s backpack. Get them in the habit of using hand sanitizer often, especially after they get off the bus before they get home.
- Wash your hands OFTEN. Teach your kids to wash their hands often and lead by example. This is the most valuable advice.
Enjoy all of the beauty that comes with Winter and use our tips to be prepared for the yuckiness that accompanies it as well! If your workplace has an illness outbreak, give us a call to do Commercial Sanitization on the property.