Fire in local barbershop
Fire broke out in a small local barbershop, SERVPRO of North Kanawha Valley was called into clean up from the fire. The fire was quickly extinguished but the shop was quickly covered in black suet from the fire. The clean up from suet is very tedious and quiet time consuming process. The tiny partials produced from the burning items can be an irritant to the eyes, skin and lungs. Proper personal protective equipment should be used during the cleaning process to limit health issues that may arise from long exposure to the suet. Depending on the process used to extinguish the fire there may also be water damage along with the fire and suet. The water damage should also be handled properly and normally put as a priority during cleanup.